Fishing in Jamaica
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Port Antonio makes deep-sea-fishing headlines with its annual Blue Marlin Tournament in October, and Mo'Bay and Ocho Rios have devotees who exchange tales (tall and otherwise) about sailfish, yellowfin tuna, wahoo, dolphinfish, and bonito. Licenses aren't required, and you can arrange to charter a boat at your hotel. A chartered boat (with captain, crew, and equipment) costs about $500 to $900 for a half day or $900 to $1,500 for a full-day excursion, depending on the size of the boat.
Glistening Waters Marina. This marina offers deep-sea fishing and other charter trips from Glistening Waters, which is 20 minutes east of Montego Bay. The marina also has night tours for a look at the lagoon, which is iridescent due to microscopic dinoflagellates that glow when they move. North Coast Hwy., Falmouth. 876/954-3229. www.glisteningwaters.com.
No Problem Sport Fishing. Charter fishing excursions are available aboard the E-Zee. Half- and full-day excursions take anglers in search of big catch. Plan on US$600 for a half-day charter and US$1,200 for a full day on the seas. A discount is available if paying by cash. Fees includes drinks and equipment. The Yacht Club, Montego Bay. 876/381-3229. www.montego-bay-jamaica.com/ajal/noproblem.
Port Antonio makes deep-sea-fishing headlines with its annual Blue Marlin Tournament. However, at the beginning of 2012 there were no charter boats operating in the area.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $213-$228 -- Oceanview Suite at Bahamas All-Incl. Resort BookIt.com
- $225-$260 -- Aruba 4-Star All-Incl. Resort, Kids Half Off BookIt.com
- $799 & up -- Jamaica All-Incl. Trip w/Air, Kids Stay Free CheapCaribbean.com
- $1099 -- Balcony on New Ship to Curacao MSC Cruises
- $101-$109 -- Punta Cana 4-Star All-Incl. Resort w/Credits — $101-$109 BookIt.com