Hiking in Jamaica
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hiking in Port Antonio ranges from very easy to extremely difficult, with everything from hour-long strolls along riverbanks to multiday sojourns through thick rain forests. A short hike to Scatter Falls followed by a rafting trip down the Rio Grande is a good choice for those looking for a short hike; the two- to three-hour hike to Nanny Falls near Moore Town is another good option. One of the most difficult hikes is the two-day trip (and three days are generally recommended) to Nanny Town, where Nanny, Jamaica's only female national hero, led the Maroons against the British.
Jamaica Explorations. The guided tours from this company include a Reich Falls excursion and a Blue Mountain hike. Hotel Mocking Bird Hill, Port Antonio. 876/993-7267. www.jamaicaexplorations.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $213-$228 -- Oceanview Suite at Bahamas All-Incl. Resort BookIt.com
- $225-$260 -- Aruba 4-Star All-Incl. Resort, Kids Half Off BookIt.com
- $599 & up -- Jamaica Trip w/Air; Kids Stay Free, $490 Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $1099 -- Balcony on New Ship to Curacao MSC Cruises
- $101-$109 -- Punta Cana 4-Star All-Incl. Resort w/Credits — $101-$109 BookIt.com