Horse Racing in Jamaica
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
In Kingston, a trip to the track is a popular afternoon activity for many residents. Although the capital city has the island's only track, you'll see more than 60 off-track betting parlors scattered across the island.
Caymanas Track. Races at this local favorite are usually slated for Wednesday and Saturday afternoons. Admission varies according to the event, but the air-conditioned North Lounge and Jockey Club both have an admission fee of J$600. These areas also have a dress code, which includes long pants and collared shirts for men, and no short shorts for ladies. Caymanas Dr., Portmore. 876/988-2524. www.caymanasracetrack.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $117 -- Punta Cana 4-Star All-Incl. Resort, Kids Stay Free BookIt.com
- $170 -- Negril 'World's Best' All-Inclusive Resorts, 55% Off Couples Resorts
- $699 & up -- Caribbean Beach Getaways on Sale, up to 70% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $1099 -- Balcony on New Ship to Curacao MSC Cruises
- $156 -- Luxe Ocho Rios All-Inclusive Resorts w/Credits — $156 Couples Resorts