- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Boston Jerk Centre
Boston Jerk Centre Review
Actually a collection of about half a dozen open-air stands, this is a culinary landmark thanks to its popular jerk pits. Stroll up to the open pits, fired by pimento logs and topped with a piece of corrugated roofing metal, locally known as zinc, and order meat by the quarter, half, or full pound; chicken, pork, goat, and fish are top options. Side dishes are few but generally include festival and rice and peas.
- Address: Boston Beach, Rte. A4, east of Port Antonio, Port Antonio
- Phone: No phone
- Location: Port Antonio
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $213-$228 -- Oceanview Suite at Bahamas All-Incl. Resort BookIt.com
- $225-$260 -- Aruba 4-Star All-Incl. Resort, Kids Half Off BookIt.com
- $799 & up -- Jamaica All-Incl. Trip w/Air, Kids Stay Free CheapCaribbean.com
- $1099 -- Balcony on New Ship to Curacao MSC Cruises
- $101-$109 -- Punta Cana 4-Star All-Incl. Resort w/Credits — $101-$109 BookIt.com
Where do I begin????
Six of us spent the last week in September at Endless Summer (http://www.mysilversands.com/viewvilla.aspx?bklk=Nw==&subnav=silversands). My husband & I, with another couple Read more
Our biggest concern was the huge size of this resort, and that turned out not to be a problem. Read more
My boyfriend and I are in dire need of a relaxing vacation. Read more
· News & Features
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more
It happens all the time: you're just stopping in to grab one thing and the next thing you know, you've... Read more