When to Go
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
When to Go
High season in Jamaica runs roughly from mid-December through mid-April. From May through mid-December, you can save from 20% to as much as 40% on rates, more if you use value-oriented travel packagers. There are several annual events in Jamaica that draw huge numbers of visitors.
Jamaica Jazz & Blues Festival is in Montego Bay each January.
In Ocho Rios, the biggest event of the year is the Jamaica Ocho Rios International Jazz Festival held each June.
Reggae Sumfest is usually sometime between mid-July and early August.
The Port Antonio International Marlin Tournament is held every October.
The largest islandwide festival is Carnival, which is held in Kingston, Ocho Rios, and Mo'Bay every March and April and in Negril every May.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $117 -- Punta Cana 4-Star All-Incl. Resort, Kids Stay Free BookIt.com
- $170 -- Negril 'World's Best' All-Inclusive Resorts, 55% Off Couples Resorts
- $699 & up -- Caribbean Beach Getaways on Sale, up to 70% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $1099 -- Balcony on New Ship to Curacao MSC Cruises
- $156 -- Luxe Ocho Rios All-Inclusive Resorts w/Credits — $156 Couples Resorts