Bicycling in Martinique
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
V.T. Tilt. From this company, you can rent an 18-speed VTT (Vélo Tout Terrain), a bike designed to handle all terrains, for €23 with helmet, delivery, and pickup from your hotel (a credit-card deposit also required). V.T. Tilt has an English-speaking owner who loves to put together groups for fun tours, either half day or full day, which include lunch. They can be beach, river, or mountain rides; tours of plantations or horse ranches; and historic or nature adventures. The French tend to pedal hard, but the main thing is to want to have a good time outside. Les Trois-Ilets, 97229. 0596/66-01-01.
HD Madinina Rental-SARL. A guided tour of Martinique's sinuous mountain roads makes sense on a Harley-Davidson motorcycle, especially since weather's good for cruising year-round. This company's include some for those new to motorcycles, as well daily and weekly rentals, luggage transport, and maps and advice. Residence Capetians, Francois, 97240. 0596/71-84-67. www.hdmadininarental.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book 3-Star Karibea Squash in Fort-de-France Fr $188+/Nt Expedia
- $179 & Up: La Bateliere 4-Star Hotel in Fort-de-France Expedia