- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Chez Les Pecheurs
Chez Les Pecheurs Review
This is the kind of beach restaurant you search for but seldom find. It began when owner Palmont still made his living by fishing. Now Palmont's pink-and-blue boat is the best one bobbin'. People come for the fisherman's platter, the catch of the day (which could be loup de mer , flying fish, or marlin) with a special red sauce, ripe tomatoes, perfect red beans and rice, and lentil salad. Grilled crayfish can usually be had Thursday through Saturday. In fact, the best offerings are on the weekend; these might include the fricassee of octopus or conch, which are among the more expensive dishes. Bottles of Neisson rum are plunked in front of a table of the convivial groups of diners here. On Friday night, local bands play; they get everyone up and dancing in the sand.
- Address: Le Bord de Mer, Carbet, 97221
- Phone: 0596/76-98-39; 0696/23-95-59
- Location: Martinique
- No dinner Sun.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $179 & Up: La Bateliere 4-Star Hotel in Fort-de-France Expedia
- Book 3-Star Karibea Squash in Fort-de-France Fr $188+/Nt Expedia
Swimming pigs, friendly sharks, deserted cays, a cottage on the water and a boat with which to see it all. Read more
Husband and I took the El Yunque Rainforest tour recently. Read more
Looking to travel for our honeymoon somewhere in the Caribbean. Read more