- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fleur de Sel
Fleur de Sel Review
Everything comes together in this 19th-century maison bourgeoise—the cuisine, the music, the location, and the service. The talented chef-owner, Damien Pelé, is from France and has worked in some top spots in Martinique, as well as five-star hotels and prestigious restaurants all over Europe and the Caribbean. The ambience is relaxed, the service personalized, and the cuisine sophisticated. The interesting clientele is a mix of locals and tourists (even some kids—children's plates are €10.) They applaud his innovations like his cheeseburger in paradise—a conch burger with a "pancake" made with pumpkin, curry, mozzarella, and a wasabi/soy cream. The menu changes every three months; if you chance upon the rhubarb and mascarpone cream with a ginger coulis and chocolate crumbles, it will be a blissful ending.
- Address: 27 ave. de l'Impératrice Josephine, Les Trois-Ilets, 97229
- Phone: 0596/68-42-11
- Location: Martinique
- No lunch. Closed Sun.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Fort-de-France Savings! Book at Karibea Squash Fr $189+/Nt Expedia
- Fort-de-France Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $180+/Nt Expedia
Swimming pigs, friendly sharks, deserted cays, a cottage on the water and a boat with which to see it all. Read more
Husband and I took the El Yunque Rainforest tour recently. Read more
Looking to travel for our honeymoon somewhere in the Caribbean. Read more