- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Le Plein Soleil Restaurant
Le Plein Soleil Restaurant Review
Perennially popular with the chic set, Le Plein Soleil has a smashing contemporary, Creole look. But it's the inventive, beautifully executed menu that cements its well-deserved reputation. It continues to draw applause for the use of the latest techniques from France coupled with remarkable twists on local products. Take a long and leisurely lunch (€35) on the terrace, which has a hilltop sea view; by night the mood is romantic, the service fine, the music heady. Soups are like a mixed-media collage. A velouté can be the canvas for a ravioli made of foie gras or pineapple. For the evening's three-course prix fixe dinner (€45), a thick tuna steak roasted with lemon confit and stacked on mushroom risotto might be the main. At dinner, guests can choose from five main courses, two of which are fresh lobster and a steak. A memorable finale is a basil custard topped with a red berry coulis. On Sunday nights a tapas menu is available.
- Address: Hôtel Le Plein Soleil, Pointe Thalèmont, Le François, 97240
- Phone: 0596/38-07-77
- Location: Martinique
- Reservations essential.
- No lunch Mon., Tues., and Thurs.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Swimming pigs, friendly sharks, deserted cays, a cottage on the water and a boat with which to see it all. Read more
Husband and I took the El Yunque Rainforest tour recently. Read more
Looking to travel for our honeymoon somewhere in the Caribbean. Read more