- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Montserrat Hotel Reviews
Currently, the island primarily offers villas (housekeepers and cooks can be arranged) or guesthouses, the latter often incorporating meals in the rate by request (ask if the 7% tax and 10% service charge are included), and there is one small hotel. Note that inns rarely have air-conditioning, relying instead on hillside breezes.
Private Villa Rentals
In the prevolcano (and pre-Hurricane Hugo) days, when an international roster of celebrity musicians (Elton to Eric, the Rolling Stones to Sting) recorded at Sir George Martin's Air Studios, Montserrat was a favored spot for many rich and famous Britons (and the occasional American) to vacation. Today you can luxuriate in one of the handsome villas they called home when visiting and do so for comparatively affordable rates.
Tradewinds Real Estate. The leading villa rental company in Montserrat is Tradewinds Real Estate. Many of its 20-plus deluxe properties, ranging from one to four bedrooms, have plunge pools, amazing water vistas, and ultramodern conveniences from DVD players and Internet access to gourmet kitchens. Recommended properties with beach access and/or strategic hillside locations include Mango Falls, Wingsong, Cythera, and Mango Pointe (owned by the former drummer of The Turtles). Caring owner Susan Edgecombe really tries to match guest to villa, remaining available throughout your stay to make any additional arrangements and offer touring and activity suggestions; she'll keep you updated back home with her informative newsletter. Rates run from $800 to $3,000 per week in high season. Main Rd., Olveston. 664/491-2004. www.tradewindsmontserrat.com.
Montserrat Enterprises. In business since 1962, Montserrat Enterprises has a generally smaller inventory but most of its properties offer splendid views and amenities. Box 58, Bishop's View Rd., Old Towne. 664/491-2431. www.montserratenterprises.com.
Browse Montserrat Hotels
Browse Montserrat Hotels By Location
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $139-$179 -- Curaçao 4-Star Beachfront Resort, 55% Off Hilton Curaçao
- $199 -- Barbados 4-Star Oceanfront Resort, Save 40% Hilton Barbados
- $599 & up -- Jamaica Trip w/Air; Kids Stay Free, $490 Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $1099 -- Balcony on New Ship to Curacao MSC Cruises
- Puerto Rico Active IExplore