- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Coamo Springs Resort
At a Glance
- Relaxing atmosphere
- pleasant staff
- Uninteresting room decor
- pools could be cleaner
Coamo Springs Resort Review
On weekends, musicians wander around the central courtyard of this rustic country inn. Simple, rather worn rooms—in four two-story buildings that date to the mid-1970s—have soaring ceilings and open onto latticed, wooden verandahs. Thermal water flows from natural springs into a swimming pool a few steps up from a cool-water pool, where you can still see walls built for the original resort that date back to 1847. The oldest building still intact is the 19th-century dining room, now an international restaurant that serves huge portions of tasty churrasco (skirt steak) along with rice and beans. Note: at the time of this update, the hotel was undergoing a renovation, set to be completed in 2012.
- Address: Rte. 546, Km 1, Coamo, 00769
- Phone: 787/825-2186; 787/825-2239
- Location: Coamo
- 48 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $213-$228 -- Oceanview Suite at Bahamas All-Incl. Resort BookIt.com
- $225-$260 -- Aruba 4-Star All-Incl. Resort, Kids Half Off BookIt.com
- $399 & up -- San Juan 4-Star Oceanfront Resort, 3-Nts. w/Air CheapCaribbean.com
- $429 & up -- 5- & 6-Nt. Caribbean Cruises on Royal Caribbean American Express Travel
- Puerto Rico Active IExplore
Husband and I took the El Yunque Rainforest tour recently. Read more
We two parents, ds#1 (22) and ds#2 (20) are going to Puerto Rico in march. Read more
Hi Everyone! Read more
· News & Features
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more
Steinbeck said it well—no matter how many plans you make, its the destination that scoops you up... Read more