- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Saba
Diving: Divers flock to Saba because of the clear water and spectacular ocean life.
Hiking: Hikers can climb the island's pinnacle, Mt. Scenery, but the less intense trails offer many sweeping vistas as well.
Authenticity: Saba reminds you of what the Caribbean used to be: the locals are genuine, and tourist traps are just about nonexistent.
Ecotourism: Several hotels cater to ecotourists, with resident nature pros who can tell you everything about local flora and fauna.
Quirkiness: On this unusual island, the airport landing and "the Road" are thrill rides, Wells Bay beach disappears at the end of every summer, and the Bottom is not on the bottom.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $117 -- Punta Cana 4-Star All-Incl. Resort, Kids Stay Free BookIt.com
- $764 & up -- Turks & Caicos: Adult-Only Club Med, Save 40% Club Med Sandpiper Bay
- $699 & up -- Caribbean Beach Getaways on Sale, up to 70% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $349 & up -- Weekend Bahamas Cruise on New Norwegian Ship Norwegian Breakaway
- Puerto Rico Active IExplore