- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
All flights arrive in St. Maarten, where you have to transfer for a short flight.
The approach to Saba's tiny airstrip is as thrilling as a roller-coaster ride; luckily, the de Havilland Twin Otter aircraft are built for it. In fact, the pilot needs only half the length of the runway to land properly. (If you're nervous, don't sit on the right. The wing seems almost to scrape against the cliff side on the approach.)
Juancho E. Yrausquin Airport. Once you've touched down on the airstrip, the pilot taxis an inch or two, turns, and deposits you just outside the airport. 599/545-2568, 800/634-4907, or 599/545-4237.
Winair. The only airline to fly to Saba (SAB) is Winair; all the flights originate in St. Maarten. 866/466-0410 or 599/416-2255. www.fly-winair.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $139-$179 -- Curaçao 4-Star Beachfront Resort, 55% Off Hilton Curaçao
- $199 -- Barbados 4-Star Oceanfront Resort, Save 40% Hilton Barbados
- $489 & up -- Punta Cana All-Inclusive Vacations w/Air Vacation Express
- $1099 -- Balcony on New Ship to Curacao MSC Cruises
- Puerto Rico Active IExplore