- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Flights to Statia from St. Maarten are timed to coincide with the arrival of international flights. There is no regularly scheduled ferry service. Reconfirm your flight, because schedules can change abruptly. The departure fee from the island is $5.65. If flying out of St. Maarten, check to see if the international departure fee has already been added into your airline ticket.
Winair. The only way to get to Statia is on one of the regularly scheduled Winair flights from St. Maarten. You'll have to book this flight directly with Winair, either by phone or online. Winair has five daily flights from St. Maarten to St. Eustatius. Prices range from roughly $150 to $200. 599/545-4237 or 866/466-0410. www.fly-winair.com.
Franklin Delano Roosevelt Airport. The flight from St. Maarten to Statia's Franklin Delano Roosevelt Airport takes 16 minutes. 599/318-2887.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $139-$179 -- Curaçao 4-Star Beachfront Resort, 55% Off Hilton Curaçao
- $199 -- Barbados 4-Star Oceanfront Resort, Save 40% Hilton Barbados
- $599 & up -- Jamaica Trip w/Air; Kids Stay Free, $490 Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $1099 -- Balcony on New Ship to Curacao MSC Cruises
- Puerto Rico Active IExplore