Montpelier Plantation & Beach
Montpelier Plantation & Beach Review
The Hoffman family presides over a scintillating evening, starting with canapés and cocktails in the civilized Great Room. Torches illuminate cobblestone steps up to this theatrical sugar mill with crystal sconces, floating candles, and an antique mahogany gear wheel suspended from the ceiling. Dinner is served on the breezy west verandah, overlooking the lights of Charlestown and St. Kitts. Executive chef Benjamin Voisin uses the inn's organic herb gardens and fruit trees to full advantage. The changing three-course menu might present vanilla-scented parsnip soup with morel powder or signature pan-seared sea scallops with green asparagus cream, serrano ham crisp, and apple chutney; and dark chocolate tart with caramelized banana, vanilla milk shake, and almond crumble. Food & Beverage Manager Nikolas Mantas has crafted an exemplary wine list perfectly matched to the cuisine. The Mill Privée opens with sufficient reservations, offering a different set multicourse menu accompanied by champagne and sorbets. Tapas, salads, and grilled items are available at the poolside Indigo. Finish with one of Nikolas' infused rums. Benjamin offers cooking classes as well as tasty souvenirs under the M logo.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $90 -- Virgin Islands: Former Sugar Refinery Inn, Reg. $100 Ole Works Inn
- $469 -- Virgin Islands: 3 Nights in Long Bay w/Extras Long Bay Beach Resort & Villas
- $1490 -- Virgin Islands: Cooper Island Dive Trip, Save $295 Cooper Island Beach Club
- $150 -- Virgin Islands: Anegada Oceanview Room, Save 38% — $150 Anegada Reef Hotel
When researching for next Caribbean island to escape the winter two words catch my eye: "... lush mountains ...". And since the British Airways had good price and flight times I've booked the tickets.
So, I realize I’ve been lax in my duty of writing a Trip Report. Read more
Our 10 year anniversary is this June. Read more
· News & Features
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more
Apparently 2013 is the year of major airline uniform upgrades.... Read more