Both St. Kitts and Nevis have good but not great beaches (Friar's or Frigate Bay are the best choices on St. Kitts; Pinney's, Newcastle, or Oualie Beach on Nevis).
St. Kitts offers a wider range of activities, including good diving, horseback riding, and hiking tours in the rain forest, and boat rides.
Nevis has fewer organized activities, but they run the gamut from windsurfing to deep-sea fishing to kayaking to horseback riding.
The Royal St. Kitts Golf Club was renovated in 2004; other golf courses are being developed at this writing, including a Tom Fazio-designed beaut at Christophe Harbour.
The Four Seasons Resort Nevis has one of the Caribbean's finest golf courses and remains a strong draw for the resort.
Both St. Kitts and Nevis have good restaurants; the fine plantation inn eateries provide some of the best dining experiences on either island.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $90 -- Virgin Islands: Former Sugar Refinery Inn, Reg. $100 Ole Works Inn
- $469 -- Virgin Islands: 3 Nights in Long Bay w/Extras Long Bay Beach Resort & Villas
- $1490 -- Virgin Islands: Cooper Island Dive Trip, Save $295 Cooper Island Beach Club
- $150 -- Virgin Islands: Anegada Oceanview Room, Save 38% — $150 Anegada Reef Hotel