Boating and Sailing in St. Lucia
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Boating and Sailing
Rodney Bay and Marigot Bay are centers for bareboat and crewed yacht charters. Their marinas offer safe anchorage, shower facilities, restaurants, groceries, and maintenance for yachts sailing the waters of the eastern Caribbean. Charter prices range from $400 to $500 per overnight or $1,750 to $10,000 per week, depending on the season and the type and size of vessel, plus $250 extra per day if you want a skipper and cook.
Bateau Mygo. Choose a monohull or catamaran for your customized private sailing charter for either a couple of days or a week. Chateau Mygo Villas, Marigot Bay. 758/458-3957. www.bateaumygo.com.
Destination St. Lucia (DSL) Ltd.. For its bareboat yacht charters, DSL's vessels include two 42-foot catamarans and several monohulls ranging in length from 32 to 50 feet. Rodney Bay Marina, Rodney Bay, Gros Islet. 758/452-8531. www.dsl-yachting.com.
Moorings Yacht Charters. Bareboat and crewed catamarans and monohulls ranging from Beneteau 39s to Morgan 60s are available for charter from this company. You can pick up or drop off the boat at the company's facilities in nearby Canouan (in the Grenadines) or Grenada. Marina Village, Marigot Bay. 758/451-4357 or 800/952-8420. www.moorings.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $120-$132 -- St. Lucia 4-Star Resort w/Breakfast, 50% Off Bay Gardens Beach Resort & Spa