Windsurfing and Kiteboarding in St. Lucia
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Windsurfing and Kiteboarding
Windsurfers and kiteboarders congregate at Anse de Sables Beach in Vieux Fort, at the southeastern tip of St. Lucia, to take advantage of the blue-water and high-wind conditions that the Atlantic Ocean provides.
Reef Kite and Surf Centre. You can rent windsurfing or kitesurfing equipment and take lessons from certified instructors at this water-sports center. Windsurfing equipment rental is $50 for a half day; $70 for a full day. Kitesurfing equipment rental is $60 for a half day; $80 for a full day. A three-hour beginning windsurfing course costs $1-0, including equipment. For kitesurfing, the three-hour starter course costs $200, including equipment and safety gear. Kitesurfing is particularly strenuous, so participants must be excellent swimmers and in good physical health. Anse de Sables, at The Reef Beach Cafe, Vieux Fort. 758/454-3418.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $120-$132 -- St. Lucia 4-Star Resort w/Breakfast, 50% Off Bay Gardens Beach Resort & Spa