Kayaking in St. Martin and St. Maarten
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kayaking is becoming very popular and is almost always offered at the many water-sports operations on both the Dutch and the French sides. Rental starts at about $15 per hour for a single and $19 for a double.
TriSports. TriSports organizes kayaking and snorkeling excursions in addition to its biking operation. Airport Rd. 14B, Simpson Bay. 721/545-4384. www.trisportsxm.com.
Kali's Beach Bar. On the French side, kayaks are available at Kali's Beach Bar. Friar's Bay, 97150. 690/49-06-81. www.kali-beach-bar.com.
Wind Adventures. Near Le Galion Beach, Wind Adventures offers rentals and instruction in kayaking, kitesurfing, windsurfing, Hobie cats, and stand-up paddle surfing. Baie Orientale, 97150. 590/29-41-57. www.wind-adventures.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $90 -- Virgin Islands: Former Sugar Refinery Inn, Reg. $100 Ole Works Inn
- $469 -- Virgin Islands: 3 Nights in Long Bay w/Extras Long Bay Beach Resort & Villas
- $1490 -- Virgin Islands: Cooper Island Dive Trip, Save $295 Cooper Island Beach Club
- $150 -- Virgin Islands: Anegada Oceanview Room, Save 38% — $150 Anegada Reef Hotel