Windsurfing in St. Martin and St. Maarten
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The best windsurfing is on Galion Bay on the French side. From November to May, trade winds can average 15 knots.
Wind Adventures. Wind Adventures offers rentals and lessons in both windsurfing and kitesurfing. One-hour lessons are about €40. The company offers a fun vacation package that works out to a terrific deal: two hours of activities each day for five days for €199. Northern beach entrance, Baie Orientale, 97150. 690/36-27-36. www.wind-adventures.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $90 -- Virgin Islands: Former Sugar Refinery Inn, Reg. $100 Ole Works Inn
- $469 -- Virgin Islands: 3 Nights in Long Bay w/Extras Long Bay Beach Resort & Villas
- $1490 -- Virgin Islands: Cooper Island Dive Trip, Save $295 Cooper Island Beach Club
- $150 -- Virgin Islands: Anegada Oceanview Room, Save 38% — $150 Anegada Reef Hotel