- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The seas between Trinidad and Tobago can be very rough, and flights are frequent and only 20 minutes long, so it's better to fly than take a ferry.
Port Authority of Trinidad and Tobago. Trips between Trinidad and Tobago are made on one of the two high-speed CAT ferries and take 2½ hours. The ferries leave twice a day from the jetty at the foot of Independence Square in Port of Spain and three times a day from the cruise-ship complex in Scarborough. The round-trip fare is TT$100. There is also a water-taxi service that travels between Port of Spain and San Fernando in southern Trinidad for TT$15 each way. 868/625-2901 in Port of Spain; 868/639-2181 in Scarborough. www.patnt.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Scarborough Fr $200+/Nt Save with Expedia, $178/night less