U.S. Virgin Islands Feature
Top Reasons to Go to the U.S. Virgin Islands
Incomparable Sailing: St. Thomas is one of the Caribbean's major sailing centers.
Great Hiking: Two-thirds of St. John is a national park that's crisscrossed by excellent hiking trails.
Beaches: Though Magens Bay on St. Thomas and Trunk Bay on St. John are two of the most perfect beaches you'll ever find, St. Croix's West End beaches are fetching in their own way.
Shopping: Shopping on both St. Thomas and St. Croix is stellar.
Deep-Sea Fishing: St. Thomas is one of the best places to catch Atlantic blue marlin between the months of June and October.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $90 -- Virgin Islands: Former Sugar Refinery Inn, Reg. $100 Ole Works Inn
- $469 -- Virgin Islands: 3 Nights in Long Bay w/Extras Long Bay Beach Resort & Villas
- $799 & up -- St. Thomas All-Incl. Trip w/Air & Oceanview Rm. CheapCaribbean.com
- $150 -- Virgin Islands: Anegada Oceanview Room, Save 38% — $150 Anegada Reef Hotel
- $1490 -- Virgin Islands: Cooper Island Dive Trip, Save $295 — $1,490 Cooper Island Beach Club