Fishing in St. Croix
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Since the early 1980s some 20 world records—many for blue marlin—have been set in these waters. Sailfish, skipjack, bonito, tuna (allison, blackfin, and yellowfin), and wahoo are abundant. A charter runs about $500 for a half day (for up to six people), with most boats going out for four-, six-, or eight-hour trips.
Gone Ketchin'. Captain Grizz, a true old salt, heads these trips. Salt River Marina, Rte. 80, Salt River, St. Croix, 00820. 340/713-1175. www.goneketchin.com.
Captain Festus. Captain Festus takes you to spots all around St. Croix on his 55-foot boat Sea Hunter. Kings Wharf, Christiansted, St. Croix, 00820. 340/277-1751.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $90 -- Virgin Islands: Former Sugar Refinery Inn, Reg. $100 Ole Works Inn
- $469 -- Virgin Islands: 3 Nights in Long Bay w/Extras Long Bay Beach Resort & Villas
- $799 & up -- St. Thomas All-Incl. Trip w/Air & Oceanview Rm. CheapCaribbean.com
- $150 -- Virgin Islands: Anegada Oceanview Room, Save 38% — $150 Anegada Reef Hotel
- $1490 -- Virgin Islands: Cooper Island Dive Trip, Save $295 — $1,490 Cooper Island Beach Club