St. Croix Feature
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to St. Croix
Sailing to Buck Island: The beach at the western end of the island is a great spot to relax after a snorkeling adventure or a hike up the hill to take in the stunning view.
Diving the Wall: Every dive boat in St. Croix makes a trip to the Wall, one of the Caribbean's best diving experiences, but you can also enjoy great diving from Cane Bay Beach.
Exploring Fort Christiansvaern: History buffs flock to Christiansted National Historic Site. Head to the upper ramparts of Fort Christiansvaern to ponder how life was for early settlers.
Experiencing plantation life: Whim Plantation showcases St. Croix's agrarian past. The estate has been lovingly restored.
Strolling around Christiansted: You can easily while away the better part of a day in Christiansted, St. Croix's main town. The shops carry everything from one-of-a-kind artworks to handcrafted jewelry to simple souvenirs.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $90 -- Virgin Islands: Former Sugar Refinery Inn, Reg. $100 Ole Works Inn
- $469 -- Virgin Islands: 3 Nights in Long Bay w/Extras Long Bay Beach Resort & Villas
- $1490 -- Virgin Islands: Cooper Island Dive Trip, Save $295 Cooper Island Beach Club
- $150 -- Virgin Islands: Anegada Oceanview Room, Save 38% — $150 Anegada Reef Hotel