St. Thomas Feature
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to St. Thomas
Shop till you drop: Find great deals on duty-free jewelry, timepieces, and electronics along Charlotte Amalie's Main Street—but don't forget to pick up some locally made crafts as well.
Tell Fish Stories: Go in search of magnificent blue marlins and other trophy-worthy fish in the waters around St. Thomas from June through October.
Get Your Sea Legs: Charter a yacht (or just take a regularly scheduled day sail) to cruise between the islands any time of year, or join the International Rolex Regatta in March. It's also a short hop over to the British Virgin Islands from St. Thomas.
Hit the Links: Play through the "Devil's Triangle," an intimidating cliff-side trio of holes at Mahogany Run Golf Course.
Take a Dip: Swim at Magens Bay, considered by many to be one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $427 & up -- All-Inclusive Virgin Island Yacht Club Resort Bitter End Yacht Club
- $6797 -- British Virgin Islands 8-Nt. Villa, Save $971 On the Rocks Villa
- $9000 -- Virgin Islands Family Yacht Charter, Save $2000 Amazing Charters
- $90 -- Virgin Islands: Former Sugar Refinery Inn, Reg. $100 — $90 Ole Works Inn
- $1490 -- Virgin Islands: Cooper Island Dive Trip, Save $295 — $1,490 Cooper Island Beach Club