- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
The famous Dachstein Glacier can be skied year-round, although summer snow conditions require considerable expertise. The altitude, however, guarantees good snow conditions late into the winter season.
Dachstein Glacier is part of the Dachstein-Tauren ski region; for details on skiing facilities, contact the Tourismusverband. Ramsau am Dachstein, A-8972. 03687/818-33. www.ramsau.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe