- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Getting Here & Around
Heading north out of Schladming, you take a narrow, winding road that offers increasingly spectacular views of the Enns Valley and ends in a broad, sun-bathed valley at the foot of the mighty Dachstein range. About 4½ km (3 mi) west of Ramsau, a small toll road (EUR 7 per car) forks to the north onto the Dachstein itself, a majestic craggy outcrop of almost 9,100 feet. To get to Ramsau without a car, take a bus from Schladming.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe