- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Linked by buses and 80 km (50 mi) of ski runs with other towns in the Pongau Valley, St. Johann remains the ski capital of the region called Salzburger Sportwelt, which showcases 100 lifts and more than 350 km (217 mi) of well-groomed slopes. St. Johann alone has 14 ski lifts plus several cable-car ascents. Along with other Pongau valley runs, the town offers a Drei-Täler-Skischaukel (three-valley) pass. Tourismusverband St. Johann. Contact Tourismusverband St. Johann for information on skiing in the area. Hauptplatz, St. Johann, A-5600. 06412/6036. www.sanktjohann.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe