- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Zell am See-Kaprun. There's good skiing for beginners to experts, along with a wide spectrum of terrain. Towering over Zell am See, the Schmittenhöhe has tree-lined runs that will feel familiar to Colorado and New England skiers. Kitzsteinhorn mountain, 10,499 feet above Kaprun, famous throughout Austria, offers year-round glacier skiing and was the first glacier ski area in Austria. Together these mountains offer 57 lifts, with 130 km (80 mi) of prepared slopes. In addition, there are more than 200 km (124 mi) of cross-country trails and eight ski schools. Brucker Bundesstrasse 1A, Zell am See, A-5700. 06542/770. www.zellamsee-kaprun.com/winter.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe