Vienna Environs Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Vienna Environs Restaurant Reviews
With some exceptions, food in this region, while influenced by Viennese cuisine, is on the simple side. The basics are available in abundance: roast meats, customary schnitzel variations, game in season, fresh vegetables, and standard desserts such as Palatschinken (crepes filled with jam or nuts, topped with chocolate sauce). However, imaginative cooking is beginning to spread, and most places have fresh fish and other lighter fare. Look for at least one vegetarian course on the menu.
Dining in the countryside outside Vienna is a casual affair. Meal times are usually from noon to 2 for lunch and from 6 to 10 for dinner. It's rare to find a restaurant that serves all afternoon, so plan ahead. It's a good idea to reserve a table, especially for Sunday lunch, which is a popular time for families to get together. Tipping 5%-7% is customary.
Browse Vienna Environs Restaurants
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Austrian Vacation! Flights to Vienna From 505 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Book 4-Star BEST WESTERN -Pension Arenberg in Vienna Fr $287+/Nt Save with Expedia, $114/night less
- Book 3 Nts in Vienna this May Fr $202+/Nt Save with Expedia, $6/night less
- Hot Deal on a 8 Nt Cruise! Avalon Waterways Fr $2,327 Expedia
- May deal: Roomz Vienna Fr $170+/Nt — $170 Expedia