- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
To reach Baden and the surrounding villages by car, take the A2 autobahn south in the direction of Graz, getting off in Baden and taking Route 210 west.
The Weinviertel is accessed by major highways but not by autobahns. Follow signs to Prague, taking Route E461 toward Mistelbach and Poysdorf if you want to go northeast. Or take the A22 toward Stockerau, changing to Route 303 or the E49 in the northwesterly direction of Horn and Retz.
The A4 autobahn is a quick way to reach the Carnuntum region. If you're going east to Carnuntum, follow signs to the A23 and the airport (Schwechat).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Austrian Vacation! Flights to Vienna From 505 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Book 4-Star Courtyard by Marriott Vienna Schonbrunn Fr $126+/Nt Save with Expedia, $34/night less
- Special deal: 4-Star BEST WESTERN -Pension Arenberg Fr $287+/Nt Save with Expedia, $114/night less
- Hot Deal on a 15 Nt Cruise! Avalon Waterways Fr $4,668 Expedia
- Small budget: Book Tourotel Mariahilf 3 Nts in May Fr $81+/Nt — $81 Save with Expedia, $24/night less