- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
Bregenz. The Romans built up this sizeable city with a harbor for warships. Today it's used for cruise ships zig-zagging across Lake Constance to Switzerland and Germany.
Through the Bregenzerwald to Bludenz & Feldkirch. Whereas the Bregenzerwald is a charming mountain region southeast of Bregenz, with skiing in winter and hiking in summer, the valley connecting the historic cities Bludenz, Feldkirch, and Dornbirn is now one of the most industrious areas of Austria.
The Arlberg & Montafon Resorts. Tucked away in a valley high in the Arlberg Alps, the mountain villages of Lech and Zürs are havens for high class expensive skiing. On the other end of the spectrum is the Montafon region, a summer and winter resort for the cost-conscious—especially families.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $183 & Up: Swissotel Zurich 4-Star Hotel in Z?rich Save with Expedia, $20/night less
- Special deal: 4-Star Senator Fr $170+/Nt Save with Expedia, $12/night less
- Book the Sorell Rex 3 Nts in May Fr $220+/Nt — $220 Expedia
- Z?rich Savings! Book at Central Plaza Fr $326+/Nt — $326 Expedia
- Zurich Marriott on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $502+/Nt — $502 Expedia