- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- German Phrases
There are three main lifts: east of Zürs, take the chairlift to Hexenboden (7,600 feet) or the cable car to Trittkopf (7,800 feet), with a restaurant and sun terrace; to the west, a lift takes you to Seekopf (7,000 feet), where there is another restaurant. This mountain often gets huge snowfalls. Skiers need to be particularly aware of avalanche conditions—check with the tourist office or your hotel before you hit the nongroomed slopes.
Champagne on the Slopes
Accessed by the Trittkopf cable car, at the highest point of the Flexen Pass you'll find the Flexenhäsl (Little Flexen House), perhaps the most exclusive ski hut in the Alps. Where else can skiers order up mouthwatering tidbits such as scampi with garlic butter and Hirschwürstel (venison sausage) with fresh horseradish sauce, washed down with a bottle of chilled Dom Pérignon? In the evening join in for piping-hot fondue chinoise. There's room for only 20 guests, so call ahead for reservations (05583-4143).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $183 & Up: Swissotel Zurich 4-Star Hotel in Z?rich Save with Expedia, $20/night less
- Visit Z?rich for Less: Hotels Fr $184+/Nt Travelocity
- Book in Z?rich: Save this May Fr $458+/Nt — $458 Expedia
- Visit Z?rich for Less: Hotels Fr $111+/Nt — $111 Travelocity
- Book in Z?rich: Save at the Engimatt in May Fr $225+/Nt — $225 Save with Expedia, $107/night less