- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- French Phrases
Brugge-based Quasimundo Bike Tours organizes three bike tours of Brugge and the surrounding countryside, as does Pink Bear Tours. The tourist office can help you make arrangements.
The Reien (the waterways threading through the center of Brugge) make for lovely sightseeing routes. Motor launches depart from several jetties spaced along the Dijver and Katelijnestraat and by the Vismarkt as soon as they are reasonably full (every 15 minutes or so) daily March-November and depending on the weather in December and February. The trips take just over a half hour and cost €6.
For a personalized walking tour, the tourist office can set you up with a private English-speaking guide for a minimum cost of around €50 for two hours.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $133 & up -- London: 4-Star Hotel near City Center, $200 Off Mercure London Bridge Hotel
- $2999 -- Croatia: 8-Night Escorted Trip w/Roundtrip Airfare Friendly Planet Travel
- $2149 -- 7-Night All-Inclusive European Cruise in Suite MSC Cruises
- Ireland and the British Isles IExplore
- $1336 & up -- Ireland: 6-Nt. Ritz-Carlton Escape w/Air — $1,336 Sceptre Tours