Grand Hotel Sofia
At a Glance
- close to everything
- rooms are spacious and comfortable
- fine furnishings may be overwhelming to guests looking for simplicity
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Grand Hotel Sofia Review
Fancy some 5-star pampering in the heart of Sofia at 3-star prices? Hotels in Bulgaria can offer fabulous value to visitors from the U.S. and Western Europe, and the Grand is living proof of this. Each of its rooms covers a minimum 500 square feet, all are sumptuously appointed with luxuriant furnishings, and all of its marble-filled bathrooms have a separate shower and bathtub. If you don't want to step outside, there are four restaurants and two bars to choose from, as well as spa and fitness facilities featuring a sauna, steam bath, Jacuzzi, solarium, and beauty parlor. If you do choose to go out, you will find you are also only steps from the main downtown sights.
- Address: ul. Gurko 1, Sofia, 1000
- Phone: 02/811-0811
- Location: Sofia
- 105 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $133 & up -- London: 4-Star Hotel near City Center, $200 Off Mercure London Bridge Hotel
- $2999 -- Croatia: 8-Night Escorted Trip w/Roundtrip Airfare Friendly Planet Travel
- $2149 -- 7-Night All-Inclusive European Cruise in Suite MSC Cruises
- Seductive Spain IExplore
- $1336 & up -- Ireland: 6-Nt. Ritz-Carlton Escape w/Air — $1,336 Sceptre Tours
With many thanks to many posters here who commented in my earlier thread: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/3-weeks-w-6-year-old-in-uk.cfm
I didn't want to disappear into the ether and i wanted to Read more
Back a week ago Friday and am finally caught up, ready to start the TR.
Background: Some you have read my trip report of last year's journey to scatter Mom and Dad's ashes at the Lake of Menteith, tou Read more
I really thought I had prepared myself for the emotional brick I knew would fall, the closer I got to my departure date. Read more
· News & Features
After months of grounding due to safety and reliability concerns, the buzzed-about Boeing 787 Dreamline ... Read more
Montenegro is heating up, and for good reason.... Read more
You're all ready to go to Disney—the kids are packed, you've got good walking shoes.... Read more