Dubrovnik and Southern Dalmatia Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Dubrovnik and Southern Dalmatia Hotel Reviews
Southern Dalmatia's (and indeed Croatia's) best and most expensive hotels are in Dubrovnik. The top-notch establishments lie in and near the Old Town, whereas in nearby Lapad you'll find around 20 large, modern socialist-era hotels, many of which have been purchased by foreign investors and renovated to include 21st-century luxuries such as wellness centers. Outside Dubrovnik standards drop, with some hotels still without air-conditioning or Internet service. Many visitors prefer to rent a private room or apartment: it's cheaper, more homey, and gives you a chance to live as the locals do.
Many hotels in Dubrovnik stay open all year. For the rest of the region, the season runs from Easter through late October, peaking during July and August, when prices rise significantly and it may be difficult to find a place to sleep if you have not booked in advance.
Browse Dubrovnik and Southern Dalmatia Hotels
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Dubrovnik Savings! Book at Ivka Fr $121+/Nt Save with Expedia, $22/night less
- Book in Dubrovnik Fr $233+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $55/night less
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Dubrovnik Fr $198+/Nt — $198 Save with Expedia, $59/night less
- Save $$ in Dubrovnik: Book Fr $139+/Nt — $139 Save with Hotels.com, $40/night less
- Book in Dubrovnik: Save this May Fr $516+/Nt — $516 Save with Expedia, $277/night less