- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
There are daily bus services from Dubrovnik to Ljubljana (Slovenia); Medjugorje, Mostar, and Sarajevo (Bosnia-Herzegovina); and Trieste (Italy); plus a twice-weekly service to Frankfurt and a once-weekly service to Zurich. There are regular bus routes between Dubrovnik and destinations all over mainland Croatia, with approximately 12 buses per day to Split (Central Dalmatia), eight to Zagreb and three to Rijeka (Kvarner). Within the Southern Dalmatia region, there are four buses daily to Ston and two to Orebic on Peljesac Peninsula, one of which continues to Korcula. Regular local buses run every hour up the coast to Trstenik, and every 30 minutes down the coast to Cavtat. Timetable information is available from Dubrovnik Bus Station, which moved in 2006 and now lies close to the ferry harbor in Gruz.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $2999 -- Croatia: 8-Night Escorted Trip w/Roundtrip Airfare Friendly Planet Travel