- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Istria Top 5
Take a walk through the Roman Area in Pula, where you will find one of the world's biggest and best-preserved amphitheaters (in fact, the sixth-largest in the world).
Have dinner at one of Rovinj's elegant seaside restaurants (Blu and Monte are among the city's finest dining establishments).
A scenic drive through the medieval towns of Groznjan and Motovun in the hilly interior is not to be missed; these are villages that time seems to have forgotten.
Enjoy a tour of the amazing 6th-century Byzantine mosaics at St. Euphrasius Basilica in Porec; St. Euphrasius is one of the best-preserved early-Christian churches in Europe.
As in Italy, gelato is available everywhere in dozens of flavors all over Istria. Grab a cone and enjoy the early evening passeggiata, a stroll through any town square in the evening, just like a local.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $175 & Up: Cheap Pula Stay Hotels.com
- Special deal: 4-Star Villa Letan Fr $134+/Nt Expedia
- Starting Fr $105: Great Pula Price — $105 Hotels.com
- $161 & Up: Cheap Pula Stay — $161 Save with Hotels.com, $77/night less
- Starting Fr $152: Great Pula Price — $152 Hotels.com