- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
There are many marked paths in the area around Baska. For a longer hike, consider visiting the splendid remote villages at Vela and Mala Luka; take this path as part of a group, and be aware that the section of the trail through the canyon may flood if there's rain. For some nice hikes around Baska, consider the path from Baska to Mjesec Hill (5½ km /2 hours). Offering spectacular views over the bay, this easy route passes by St. John's Church, where you can take a breather while you contemplate higher things. The route from Baska to Jurandvor (5 km /2 hours) takes you through the Baska Valley and leaves you with a visit to the Church of St. Lucy, home of the Baska Tablet. The short hike between Baska and Stara Baska will give you a little exercise; a delightful stretch of small, quiet beaches is the reward for a short hike.
For more hiking information, contact the Krk Tourist Office. Trg Sv. Kvirina 1, Krk Town. 051/221-359. www.krk.hr.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe