- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Slavonia Top 5
Strolling around Osijek, Slavonia's largest town, packs a lot of charm into a compact space, from attractive churches and parks to Trvda, the Old Town redolent of ages past.
Bjelovar and Pozega, two small towns between Zagreb and Osijek, are the picture of charm, with pretty squares and lovely churches.
Base yourself in or near Osijek, and head out with your binoculars to serenely beautiful Kopacki Rit Nature Park, one of the last great wetlands along the Danube, for excellent bird-watching.
From Dakovo's magnificent cathedral to the centuries-old churches of Osijek and Pozega, Slavonia has a rich ecclesiastical heritage.
This once-lovely baroque town of Vukovar is a testament to the destruction wrought by the Yugoslav war and to the quiet strength of Croatia's rejuvenation.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Croatia Awaits You! Flights to Zagreb From 535 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts at Best Western Stella Fr $94+/Nt Expedia