- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Although you certainly don't need a car to get from Zagreb to Osijek and then around Osijek itself, having wheels will make it a whole lot easier to shuttle around Slavonia's other towns, which are scattered far and wide. You might consider taking a train to Osijek and then renting a car here for a day or two; small cars go for around 400 Kn per day, including taxes, insurance, and unlimited mileage.
Budget. Kapucinska 39, Osijek. 053/1211-500.
Euro-Buba. Hravtske Republike 43/1, Osijek. 031/214-753.
Hertz. Gunduliceva 32, Osijek. 031/200-422.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Croatia Awaits You! Flights to Zagreb From 535 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Esplanade Zagreb in May: $194 & Up Save with Expedia, $28/night less
- Save in Zagreb: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $117+/Nt Expedia
- May deal: Sheraton Zagreb Fr $113+/Nt — $113 Save with Expedia, $44/night less
- Special deal: 3-Star Best Western Stella Fr $94+/Nt — $94 Expedia