- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The national carrier, Croatia Airlines, operates domestic flights from Split to Zagreb, Dubrovnik, Pula, and Osijek. During the summer high season you can fly directly to Split from Amsterdam, Bari, Brussels, Catania, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, Gothenburg, Hamburg, Helsinki, Istanbul, Lisbon, London, Lyon, Manchester, Milan, Munich, Oslo, Palermo, Paris, Prague, Rome, Sarajevo, Skopje, Stockholm, Tel Aviv, Turin, Vienna, Warsaw, and Zurich. Also through summer, Croatia Airlines flies nonstop from the island of Brac to Zagreb, Munich, and Frankfurt. Adria, British Airways, CSA and Malev also fly to Split. In addition, through the summer the low-cost airlines EasyJet and Wizzair operate between London and Split.
Croatia Airlines (Obala Hrvatskog Narodnog Preporoda 9, Grad, Split, 21000. 021/362-997. www.croatiaairlines.com.)
EasyJet (Split. www.easyjet.com.)
Jet2.com (Split. www.jet2.com.)
Wizzair (Split. www.wizzair.com.)
Split is served by Split Airport (SPU) at Kastela, 25 km (16 mi) northwest of the city center. The island of Brac is served by Brac Airport at Vesko Polje, 14 km (8¾ mi) northeast of Bol.
Split Airport (Kastela, 21210. 021/203-555 general information; 021/203-218 lost and found. www.split-airport.hr.)
You can take an airport bus to obala Lazereta, near the Split Bus Station. For your return, the airport bus leaves Split 90 minutes before each flight. A one-way ticket costs 30 Kn, and the travel time is 40 minutes. Brac airport is not served by bus but taxis are available.
Split airport bus (Split. 021/203-119. www.plesoprijevoz.hr.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $699 & up -- Oceanview: Roundtrip Venice Cruise Royal Caribbean
- $549 & up -- Last Minute: Greek Islands and Turkey Cruise — $549 Royal Caribbean