- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
International buses arrive daily from Trieste, Ljubljana, Belgrade, Sarajevo, Munich, and Stuttgart. There are buses once a week from Vienna, and London via Paris.
There are good bus connections to destinations all over Croatia. There are approximately 30 buses per day to Zagreb, 12 to Dubrovnik (in Southern Dalmatia), 14 to Zadar (in Northern Dalmatia) and 12 to Rijeka (in Kvarner). Buses traveling south to Dubrovnik stop at Makarska en route, while those going north to Zadar stop at Sibenik. In addition, regular local buses run every 30 minutes up the coast to Trogir and down the coast to Omis. Timetable information is available from the Split Bus Station, or from their Web site.
Split Bus Station (Obala Kneza Domogoja 12, Split, 21000. 060/327-777. www.ak-split.hr.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $699 & up -- Oceanview: Roundtrip Venice Cruise Royal Caribbean
- $549 & up -- Last Minute: Greek Islands and Turkey Cruise — $549 Royal Caribbean