Zadar and Northern Dalmatia Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Zadar and Northern Dalmatia Restaurant Reviews
Fresh seafood is the cuisine of choice in Northern Dalmatia, as it is elsewhere on Croatia's coast. Beyond standard coastal fare, look for Dalmatian specialties including Pag Island lamb and Paski sir (Pag cheese); prosciutto and sokol (smoked pork neck) from Posedarjedried; and sheep's cheese and peppery meat dishes from inner Dalmatia. And of course, there's Zadar's famous Maraschino liqueur—compliments of the area's uniquely zesty cherry and the Maraska company—whose facility is just across the town's pedestrian bridge and whose brand name graces the bottles of the best maraschino.
Browse Zadar and Northern Dalmatia Restaurants
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe