- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
It's possible to travel between Zadar and Zagreb by train. Five trains run daily from Zadar to Knin (in just over two hours with almost 20 stops in between), and from Knin you can transfer within an hour to a train that gets you to Zagreb in roughly four hours—that's around seven hours in all from Zadar to Zagreb, for about 130 Kn one way. Unless you want to see some relatively war-wearied parts of the interior, though, you'll do well to simply hop aboard one of the many daily Zagreb-bound buses at Zadar's bus station, which get you to the capital in less time and for less money (around 100 Kn). Trains also run between Knin and Split, and service and travel times are improving yearly on all these routes.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe