- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Pri Staroj Vuri
Pri Staroj Vuri Review
Small yet ever so cozy, its walls decorated with old clocks (as per its name in Croatian) and paintings by noted Croatian artists, this lovely old villa a few minutes' walk from the main square is the best place in town to try such meaty fare as teleca koljenica (knuckle of veal) and cesnjovke (smoked sausage cooked in sour cabbage). Unfortunately, the latter is available only late in the year, after the hogs are butchered and the sausage smoked. Round off with a glass of bermet, served with lemon and ice.
- Address: Giznik 2, Samobor, 10430
- Phone: 01/336-0548
- Hours: No dinner Sun.
- Location: Samobor
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Croatia Awaits You! Flights to Zagreb From 535 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Small budget: Book Best Western Stella 3 Nts in May Fr $94+/Nt Expedia
- May deal: Four Points by Sheraton Panorama Zagreb Fr $117+/Nt Expedia
- Zagreb Savings! Book 3 Nts in May at Movie Fr $88+/Nt — $88 Expedia
- Zagreb Savings! Book at Esplanade Zagreb Fr $194+/Nt — $194 Save with Expedia, $28/night less
My wife and I are not the type to tag along with groups on organized trips. Read more
When the subject arose of where we might venture for spring school holiday, Berlin and "someplace else" were the top contenders. Read more
We will be flying into Zagreb and touring Slovenia and Croatia for a month. Read more
· News & Features
Croatia, with stunning scenery and a still-off-the-beaten-track vibe, is set to join the EU this summer,... Read more
What could be better than a few days spent playing in the waves?... Read more
Fall is the time for savvy travels, with slashed prices, fewer crowds, and cooler temps.... Read more