Day Trips from Prague Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Visit spooky Sedlec: The Kostnice outside of Kutná Hora is a mesmerizing church full of bones.
Find a storybook come to life: A true medieval castle, babbling brook and all, sits in Karlstejn.
Take a historic tour: The home of Archduke Franz Ferdinand, whose assassination started World War I, is remarkably well preserved in Konopiste.
Pay remembrance to the past: In Terezín, a baroque fortress turned into a concentration camp is both powerful and chilling.
Keep it all in the family: Since 1241 Ceský Sternberk's castle has sheltered various branches of the same family.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Enjoy the Czech Republic! Flights to Prague From 515 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Book in Prague: Save at the Le Palais Prague in May Fr $316+/Nt Save with Expedia, $85/night less
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Prague Fr $232+/Nt Expedia
- Save at 4-Star Hotel: 4 Nts + Air to Prague Fr $1155 Expedia
- Hot Deal on a 9 Nt Cruise! Viking River Cruises Fr $5,356 Expedia