Traveling from Prague, in addition to driving, you can take either a train or a bus. By car, follow the D1 motorway south to Brno and then follow the signs and turnoffs to Olomouc from Brno. The trip will take about three hours in moderate traffic.
Direct train travel from Prague takes at least 2¾ hours, and costs around 310 Kc for the 250-km (150-mi) trip. High-speed Pendolino trains also go there, usually from the Holesovice station, for 510 Kc.
Direct bus service from Prague's Florenc bus station takes at least three hours, and costs around 300 Kc for the 262-km (157-mi) trip.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book 3 Nts in Brno this May Fr $114+/Nt Expedia
- Book 4-Star Barcelo Brno Palace in Brno Fr $152+/Nt Expedia
- Save at 4-Star OREA Voronez I: $92 & Up in May — $92 Expedia
- Special deal: 4-Star Arte Fr $97+/Nt — $97 Expedia
- Book 4-Star Barcelo Brno Palace in Brno Fr $152+/Nt — $152 Expedia