Bus and train service makes much of Moravia easily accessible. A high-speed train to Olomouc makes it possible to go to there as a day trip, in just over two hours each way. And while trains do serve the smaller towns and cities, buses are usually more direct and faster. The D1 highway from Prague also leads into South Moravia and loops back up to end near Olomouc, but it gets heavy traffic at the start and end of the weekend.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Brno Fr $115+/Nt Expedia
- $97 & Up: Arte 4-Star Hotel in Brno Expedia
- Small budget: Stay in Brno this May Fr $302+/Nt — $302 Expedia
- Small budget: Book Barcelo Brno Palace 3 Nts in May Fr $153+/Nt — $153 Expedia
- $143 & Up: Holiday Inn Brno 4.5-Star Hotel in Brno — $143 Expedia