- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Frequent bus service between Prague and Karlovy Vary makes the journey only about two hours each way, and the ticket costs about 120 Kc. Avoid the train. The Prague-Karlovy Vary run takes far longer than it should—more than three hours by the shortest route—and costs more than double the price of a bus ticket. If you're driving, you can take the E48 directly from Prague to Karlovy Vary, a drive of about 1½ hours in light traffic.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts at Garni Kucera Fr $73+/Nt Expedia
- Book 4-Star EuroAgentur Derby in Karlovy Vary Fr $90+/Nt Save with Expedia, $11/night less
- Karlovy Vary Savings! Book at Romance Puskin Fr $162+/Nt — $162 Expedia